The Purpose of the Voyage


Welcome everyone to "Videogame Voyager".
First and foremost, thank you to everyone checking
out this site. I hope you enjoy what you find here as
well as the things you read about my so called project.
And to any of my followers, thank you for joining me on
this voyage.


Systems that I currently own can be seen on the left and my "wish list" of systems are on the right.
As I find consoles and purchase them, the list will be altered accordingly.


Forums

Videogame Voyager Forums


Click Here




Games I Want


Nintendo

Super Mario Bros. 2
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: the Adventures of Link
Deja Vu
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Pro Wrestling

N64

Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Golden Eye 007
Ogre Battle 64

Sega Genesis

Shadowrun

Super Nintendo

Shadowrun
Anything Mario
Anything Square



Monday, October 17, 2011

Two Birds In One Sale

This past week has been a waiting game of sorts. I ordered my new NES motherboard on Tuesday and counted down the days until it's arrival. As Friday's mail came in there was still no sign of it and I was starting to get bummed. My wife had been talking trash about here ultimate supremacy in Dr. Mario and I was ready to show her up. When Saturday rolled around, I began to get a bit nervous about whether I would receive my Motherboard that day. If I did not, there would be no retro gaming going on in the Evans' household this weekend. So I gave into my fears, and Saturday morning I was up before the sun, getting ready to scope out what I hoped would be a good score.


Late Friday night I stumbled across a Craigslist post for a garage sale that claimed it would have numerous consoles and games for just about any system you can think of. I immediately knew that this was a definite must go to for the Videogame Voyager project. The sale was supposed to start at seven, yet as I drove by at five after seven, they were just setting up. I wanted to be the first person there, just in case there was another person out there like me. I wanted to have first pick of all the games and systems, but I didn't want to get in the sellers way. So I sat in the car and waited..... and waited......and then I waited some more. There finally came a point where I just said forget it, and got out of the car.

Walking up, my eyes immediately spotted the table I wanted. My eyes feasted on a table full of games and systems. Two Nintendo 64's, a X-Box, an original Playstation, and a box full of games were waiting for me to sort through all of them. The games were mostly junk, not anything worth my time. Due to that, I immediately turned my attention to the systems. By now the seller had put out a Sega Genesis and a Dreamcast. The Dreamcast even had an original box, unfortunately the system was oxidized yellow, and the controller wasn't even an original.

I then turned my attention to the Nintendo 64. The asking price was thirty bucks, which I was pretty certain was a little high for a yard sale. I quickly let him know, I could find one complete with two controllers for that price. Next my attention turned to the Sega, which he was asking twenty dollars for. I pondered my options for a bit before I came up with a solution. I wasn’t expecting a yes, but I offered him forty dollars for the Nintendo 64, the Genesis, and a handful of games that he had for the systems. After pondering for a moment, he accepted.

Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64










 As the days and time pass by I will be looking for games for these two systems.  The Nintendo 64 is pretty dear to me.  The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time is the first video game that I can actually remember myself sitting through and beating it.  Ocarina of Time is a must have game for myself.  Other games I am sure to be on the lookout for are Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64.  For the Genesis, I will be looking for a little game called Shadowrun.  If you are lucky enough to have played this title, you know how much fun it can be.


That's all for today chummers.  I hope you all enjoyed the read. Stay tuned for an NES update!

No comments:

Post a Comment