The Purpose of the Voyage


Welcome everyone to "Videogame Voyager".
First and foremost, thank you to everyone checking
out this site. I hope you enjoy what you find here as
well as the things you read about my so called project.
And to any of my followers, thank you for joining me on
this voyage.


Systems that I currently own can be seen on the left and my "wish list" of systems are on the right.
As I find consoles and purchase them, the list will be altered accordingly.


Forums

Videogame Voyager Forums


Click Here




Games I Want


Nintendo

Super Mario Bros. 2
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: the Adventures of Link
Deja Vu
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Pro Wrestling

N64

Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Golden Eye 007
Ogre Battle 64

Sega Genesis

Shadowrun

Super Nintendo

Shadowrun
Anything Mario
Anything Square



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thrift Store Pay Off

I recently read another blog on the internet about a guy who, much like myself and probably lots of others, is a collector of video games.  This person made a stop at his local thrift store while on his way home from a garage sale and found a ton of hidden treasures.  Now I've stopped at thrift stores on more than once occasion, yet I have never found any treasures. That is until just the other day.

After getting off of work early one day I decided I was going to hit up some thrift stores on my way home.  I never knew about thrift stores keeping video games in their glass cases, so I never made a conscious effort to look there.  This blog I recently read, pointed out this little fact to me, and for that I am very thankful.  I am thankful because the first store that I walked into, I immediately bee lined for the glass case.  There they were, a small stack of video games.  There were three NES games and a stack of Super Nintendo games.  The        SNES games were nothing to look at, so I focused on the NES games.  Master Blaster was on top, with two other games below it.

Funny story about Master Blaster.  While I have never played the NES game, at least not to my knowledge, my brother owned the paperback book of the same title.  I think the two shared the same story line.  All I remember from the book is a boys frog running into the woods to get some swamp.  And that's it, not more.  Maybe one day Ill pick up the game and/or book to rediscover the rest of it.

As the worker asked if I needed help, I asked if I could see what the other two games were.  As she handed them, I looked through them.  The cartridge in the middle was Captain Skyhawk.  Having never played it, I passed it by.  (Any suggestions on that game?)  The last game though was Bubble Bobble.  Seeing this game immediately brought a smile to my face.

I remember in my younger days, spending hours with my best friend trying to beat this game.  This game was simple, yet so fun.  Well simple to begin, with the difficulty rising with each level closer to the end.  I don't think we ever beat the game, I'm actually almost certain we didn't.  Yet know, some twenty years later, I have my second chance to beat it, and beat it I will.

Bubble Bobble!

Hope you guys enjoyed the read.  More to come very soon.





1 comment:

  1. Just thought I'd say nice find!!

    I posted something similar recently that was re-blogged on OGR:

    http://crystal-blue-dreams.blogspot.com/2011/10/friday-bargain-huntingscraping-barrel.html

    Anyways, checking these kinds of shops something I'm loving at the moment...there are all kinds of bargains waiting to be snapped up.

    Great work, interested to see what else you manage to snag!

    Cheers

    Paul

    ReplyDelete