The Purpose of the Voyage


Welcome everyone to "Videogame Voyager".
First and foremost, thank you to everyone checking
out this site. I hope you enjoy what you find here as
well as the things you read about my so called project.
And to any of my followers, thank you for joining me on
this voyage.


Systems that I currently own can be seen on the left and my "wish list" of systems are on the right.
As I find consoles and purchase them, the list will be altered accordingly.


Forums

Videogame Voyager Forums


Click Here




Games I Want


Nintendo

Super Mario Bros. 2
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: the Adventures of Link
Deja Vu
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Pro Wrestling

N64

Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Golden Eye 007
Ogre Battle 64

Sega Genesis

Shadowrun

Super Nintendo

Shadowrun
Anything Mario
Anything Square



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rules Are Meant to be Broken

Another system has made it's way off of my want list and on to my have list.  The Super Nintendo has always been one of my favorite systems.  It's also a system that I never owned.  My experience on the SNES comes from playing countless hours of Shadowrun, Zelda, and Might and Magic on my Uncle Melvin's SNES when I was younger.  Even though I never personally owned this system, it does hold a lot of great memories.


Countless hours were spent playing what is without a doubt one of the greatest games ever in A Link to the Past.  I also played a lot of Shadowrun, and it became in of the first games i can remember that I beat.  It is because of memories like this that I yearned to get a hold of Super Nintendo.  It seems as if the SNES is on of the more coveted retro systems.  This more than likely comes from the amount of good/great games that was released for the system.   And I know there's a lot, because I want to play them all.

Now this project was supposed to be accomplished through means of garage sales, thrift stores and other antique/junk stores.  Unfortunately, as the title suggest, I did not get me SNES through these means.  I actually got it off of Ebay while randomly looking around on it.  Yet, there is a reason I chose top break my rule, and here is why.  In most thrift stores, and antique shop the price of a SNES is always around thirty dollars.  Even on Craigslist you can not find one (in my are at least) for under twenty five to thirty dollars.  The SNES I bis on started out at 29.50, around the same price of the ones in my area.  Yet this one on Ebay came in the box, with all the original parts.  











I never thought about wanting original boxes for my systems, but after this purchase, there is a small itch to somehow apprehend some original boxes for my systems. 

As noted in one of my earlier blogs, I purchased A Link to the Past a whole back, before I had an SNES.  I am glad to finally be able to pop it in,  play it, and enjoy all the memories.

Thank you guys for reading, I hope you all enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment