The Purpose of the Voyage


Welcome everyone to "Videogame Voyager".
First and foremost, thank you to everyone checking
out this site. I hope you enjoy what you find here as
well as the things you read about my so called project.
And to any of my followers, thank you for joining me on
this voyage.


Systems that I currently own can be seen on the left and my "wish list" of systems are on the right.
As I find consoles and purchase them, the list will be altered accordingly.


Forums

Videogame Voyager Forums


Click Here




Games I Want


Nintendo

Super Mario Bros. 2
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: the Adventures of Link
Deja Vu
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Pro Wrestling

N64

Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Golden Eye 007
Ogre Battle 64

Sega Genesis

Shadowrun

Super Nintendo

Shadowrun
Anything Mario
Anything Square



Monday, November 21, 2011

Calling All Ears

It's been nearly two months since I decided to begin this journey.  Although the past few weeks have been kind of dull (Christmas time, plus two kids to shop for equals no extra money for garage sales), there has been a lot of progress.  I've managed to gather up a total of four consoles as well as a handful of games for each of those consoles, but this is not what this blog is about.  This blog is more about the response from the gamer community.


Simply put, it's been fantastic.   I'm at over 130 followers on Twitter.  I could never have imagined over a hundred people wanting to hear my useless banter about retro gaming, or even collecting retro games.  Yet, they do and I am thankful for that.  It wasn't even two weeks after I started this blog when I was contacted by Matt at Old Game Reviewer asking if I wanted to post on his site as well.  Immediately I jumped at the opportunity.  My followers immediately increased as my blogs were circulated to more and more people.  That opportunity meant a lot to me, and I am thankful for the exposure that it has led my site to.

Now this post is entitled "Calling All Ears".  Is is called that because I want anyone and everyone who reads this to tune into the Geekswithwives podcast.  I have been invited tomorrow night to hang out with the guys to talk a little about my project and probably a little about some retro gaming.  I do not know if I am more nervous or more excited about this opportunity.  For starters, I hate the sound of my voice.  As petty as that sounds, I do, and I'm nervous about how it will come off to the listeners.  I'm also just nervous about, well, everything else.  Yet, it should be fun, and I am sure I am going to have a great time.

The guys over at Geekwithwives are a good bunch of guys, who have really put together something nice over there on their site.  Their weekly podcast is always a good listen as they not only discuss current games they are playing, but also discuss more in depth topics dealing with the gaming industry.  I encourage everyone to check out their site, and I especially want you to all tune into this weeks episode.  It should make for a good listen, and some great nostalgic memories.

That's all for tonight guys, you all take it easy. Till next time.

1 comment: