The Purpose of the Voyage


Welcome everyone to "Videogame Voyager".
First and foremost, thank you to everyone checking
out this site. I hope you enjoy what you find here as
well as the things you read about my so called project.
And to any of my followers, thank you for joining me on
this voyage.


Systems that I currently own can be seen on the left and my "wish list" of systems are on the right.
As I find consoles and purchase them, the list will be altered accordingly.


Forums

Videogame Voyager Forums


Click Here




Games I Want


Nintendo

Super Mario Bros. 2
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: the Adventures of Link
Deja Vu
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Pro Wrestling

N64

Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Golden Eye 007
Ogre Battle 64

Sega Genesis

Shadowrun

Super Nintendo

Shadowrun
Anything Mario
Anything Square



Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Personal NES Classic Is Now Mine

It has been sometime since I last took the time to sit down and write.  I made this find that I am about to write about a few weeks ago. Yet between homework, school, and work I have found it hard to sit down write, which is truly disappointing.  It's disappointing because I want to share these finds, that's what Videogame Voyager is all about.  This one's all about an NES classic, one that I remember playing for hours while I was younger. 

 So a few weeks ago I was able to coax my wife into heading to the local flea market here in Pensacola.  There were a few people selling video games, but not much that was worth looking for.  The things that were worth looking at were extremely overpriced.  We decided there was nothing of value there and decided it was time to move on.  Yet on the way home I made my wife stop at a local store called Pensacola Treasure Pickers.

Now I had visited this store previously and it has a decent amount of older video games.  I had never really seen anything of value in there before, but today was different.  I first scanned through the N64 games, before going to the SNES games.  Nothing.  I then browsed through the PS1 games, of which he had quite a few.  There was an older RPG I had seen there before I was interested in maybe grabbing.  It was titled Beyond the Beyond.  Unfortunately it was not still there, which makes me wish I would have grabbed it the first time.  Before I left I looked over the NES games, and finally something caught my eye..


 I remember playing this game from my childhood.  I never owned it, but I believe we rented it a few times.  It's so weird thinking about the rental process from when I was a kid.  The games we rented were purely based off the front and back cover of the game box.  There was no internet to run and check out the latest and hottest video game.  Sure there were magazines such as Nintendo Power, but at the age of five or six, I was not looking at these.

So this game was rented purely off of speculation that the game might be good because of its box art.  And it was fun.  I remember my brother and I taking turns on the controller as we explored this crazy island in search of the main characters uncle.  I don't ever remember getting that far into it, which is definitely something I look forward to now that I am replaying it as an adult.  I am hoping the game is as fun as I remember, and here's to hoping I can finally find the main character's uncle on those crazy island.

That's all for now folks.  Hopefully I can write some more soon.  I have a N64 game that can get taken off of my list that I need to write about.  I also need to write about the death of my beloved PS3.  It was such a sad day.....

1 comment:

  1. ... StarTropics is my all-time favorite video game. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete